Upcoming Community Events
The USS Hornet Sea, Air & Space Museum proudly hosts community events on board our amazing ship that highlight various causes, community groups, and age ranges and is dedicated to welcoming and engaging our community and visitors with fun, unique, and memorable experiences. If you prefer something a bit more intimate or unusual, we invite Museum guests to explore the depths of the ship in one of our Special Tour options.
- February 11 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm at USS Hornet Museum
- March 3 at USS Hornet Museum
- March 12 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm at
- March 17 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm at
- May 9 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm at
Off-Ship Community Outreach
Have an F8 or F11 Fighter Jet Cockpit at your next event!
Make your next community event a memorable one with a cockpit from the USS Hornet Sea, Air & Space Museum! As part of our mission, we attend non-profit, community, school, and other events throughout the Bay Area. Last year we traveled to , , and , just to name a few. In 2019, the Hornet will return to over 15 community sites, and visit new locations including , , and . Request a cockpit appearance today!
Request a Donation
The USS Hornet Sea, Air & Space Museum makes donations of general admission tickets to support non-profit organizations and schools in the greater San Francisco Bay Area。 Please note, the USS Hornet Museum does not make financial contributions of any amount。
We welcome you to submit your request for a donation of general admission tickets. Our goal is to fulfill as many requests as possible, but we are unable to support every organization with a donation.
The USS Hornet Museum requires that all donation requests meet the following criteria:
- Requests must be made by a registered, local non-profit, charitable organization with current 501(c)3 status of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, a public or independent school, or a U.S. Military organization.
- Requests must be received at least thirty-days (30) prior to your event date.
- Requests are accepted for a Family Boarding Pass (value $60) only.
- Donations are limited to one request per organization within a 12 month period.
Donation fulfillment will be sent via U.S. mail only. Please make sure you enter the correct mailing address – we cannot resend donations if they are returned.
The Museum offers speakers free to service clubs and other organizations in the extended Bay Area.
The typical speaker is a docent and veteran of US military service. The topics covered in a 30 – 45-minute presentation include: the history of the name Hornet from 1775 to modern times, the World War II exploits of the ship, the Apollo 11 and 12 recoveries, and features of the Museum, including special events and highlighted artifacts.
We have provided speakers to organization such as DAR chapters, Lions, Kiwanis and Rotary clubs, church-related groups, veterans organizations, and various SIR chapters. If your organization is interested in booking a speaker, please contact us at: [email protected]